Support Group for Counselors/Therapists:
An Interactive Group for Growth and Support
Who Would Benefit:
• Therapists wanting a deeper awareness of themselves and their experience.
• Counselors seeking a rich interactive experience with colleagues.
• Counselors valuing space for processing and regrouping.
• Therapists negotiating stressful circumstances.
• People aiming for balance and wholeness.
Why the Group is Special:
• Facilitator’s 30 years of group experience in diverse settings.
• A space conducive to sharing, exploration and discovery.
• An integrated focus: professional and personal.
• Participant-generated interaction.
How You Benefit:
• Express thoughts and feelings about difficult experiences.
• Explore what is relevant to your growth and well-being.
• Invite feedback and participate in frank discussions.
• Experience the synergy of a small functioning group.
• Increase appreciation for your work and self.
• Feel supported and self-empowered.
• Self-care through collaboration.
• Cultivate and sustain resilience.
Location: 1962 NW Kearney, Portland, Oregon.
Size: Group size limited to 6.
Fee: $75 a month for two bi-monthly meetings. Pre-group interview: $75
Days & Times: 1st & 3rd Fridays of the month from 12:30 – 2:30.
Also 2nd & 4th Mondays of the month from 10:00 – 12:00.
Oregon Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor with 30 years of group experience as a facilitator and participant. Work experiences include: hospital-based and outpatient chemical dependency treatment with adults, adolescents and their families; inpatient work with geriatric and adults with chronic mental illness; home- and community-based work with “severely emotionally disturbed” children; agency- and school-based counseling with children, youths and families. Co-facilitation experiences involved couples and family therapy and with adult, children, teen, parent, and multifamily groups. Group work experience included facilitation of process and psycho-educational groups with a variety of populations and settings. Personal participation with a variety of groups includes process, meditation, poetry, consultation and psychodrama.
For more information or to set up an interview, please contact Robert Picariello, LMFT, CADC II at 971-228-7777 or PicRobertLMFT@gmail.com