Process/Support Group for Counselors/Therapists:
An Interactive Group for Professional Growth and Support
Who Would Benefit:
• Therapists in situations with difficult cases and conditions.
• Counselors without sufficient time for processing and regrouping.
• People aiming for balance and wholeness.
• Counselors/therapists proactive about preventing burnout.
Why the Group is Special:
• Facilitator’s 30 years of group experience in diverse settings.
• A safe space to engage with others and expand horizons.
• Group interaction inspired by mutual desire for support and learning.
• A dual focus: foster professional effectiveness and cultivate resilience.
How You Benefit:
• Freely explore and reflect on what is important to you professionally.
• Avoid embarrassing spillover of negative emotions onto relationships.
• Express thoughts and feelings about difficult experiences.
• Invite feedback and participate in frank discussions.
• Sustain professional effectiveness through self-care.
• Increase value for your work and yourself.
• Feel supported and self-empowered.
Location: 1962 NW Kearney, Portland, Oregon.
Size: Group size limited to 6.
Fee: $75 a month for two bi-monthly meetings. Pre-group information meeting: $75
Day & Time: 1st & 3rd Fridays of the month from 12:30 – 2:30.
Oregon Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor with 30 years of group experience as a facilitator and participant. Work experiences include: hospital-based and outpatient chemical dependency treatment with adults, adolescents and their families; inpatient work with geriatric and adults with chronic mental illness; home- and community-based work with “severely emotionally disturbed” children; agency- and school-based counseling with children, youths and families. Co-facilitation experiences involved couples and family therapy and with adult, children, teen, parent, and multifamily groups. Group work experience included facilitation of process and psycho-educational groups with a variety of populations and settings. Personal participation with a variety of groups includes process, meditation, poetry, consultation and psychodrama.
For more information or to set up an interview, please contact me, Robert Picariello, LMFT, CADC II at 971-228-7777 or email PicRobertLMFT@gmail.com