Process/Support Group for Counselors/Therapists:
An Interactive Group for Professional Growth and Support
Who Would Benefit:
• Counselors/therapists in agencies and programs with difficult cases and conditions.
• Counselors routinely confronted with challenging circumstances without sufficient time for processing and regrouping.
• People trying to make sense of work-related experiences.
• Professional counselors desiring to be proactive about burnout.
Why the Group is Special:
• Facilitator’s 30 years of group experience includes work in agencies, schools, and hospital programs.
• Interpersonal interaction by counselors motivated by desire for support and learning.
• A dual focus: fostering professional effectiveness and cultivating resilience.
How You Benefit:
• Freely explore and reflect on what is important to you professionally.
• Express thoughts and feelings about difficult experiences.
• Avoid spillover of negative emotions onto clinical or personal relationships.
• Invite feedback and participate in frank discussions.
• Sustain professional effectiveness through self-care.
• Feel supported and self-empowered.
Location: 1962 NW Kearney, Portland, Oregon.
Size: Group limited to 6.
Fee: $75 a month for two bi-monthly meetings. Pre-group information meeting: $60
Day & Time: 1st & 3rd Fridays of the month from 12:30 – 2:30.
Oregon Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor with 30 years of group experience as a facilitator and participant. Work experiences include: hospital-based and outpatient chemical dependency treatment with adults, adolescents and their families; inpatient work with geriatric and adults with chronic mental illness; home- and community-based work with “severely emotionally disturbed” children; agency- and school-based counseling with children, youths and families. Co-facilitation experiences involved couples and family therapy and with adult, children, teen, parent, and multifamily groups. Group work experience included facilitation of process and psycho-educational groups with a variety of populations and settings. Personal participation with a variety of groups includes process, meditation, poetry, consultation and psychodrama.
For more information or to set up an interview, please contact me, Robert Picariello, LMFT, CADC II at 971-228-7777 or email PicRobertLMFT@gmail.com